Avast is a top-notch antivirus that performs other functions besides protecting your PC from malware, computer worms, and viruses. It has a scanner that ensures your network and browser are secure and also your password safe. With its vast functions, Avast has a free service. However, since it is third-party software, users may want to turn off avast for various reasons.
Although it is a free service, no other software paid or unpaid matches Avast’s efficiency. Every Android user needs antivirus software to keep their devices secure. Those using the free services from Avast on windows should be careful. And if need be, you can turn off the software temporarily or permanently from the app settings.
How to Turn off Avast
The software has many intelligent and advanced security functions, and it can sometimes interfere with the regular operation of other apps. The issues may boil further to hinder the download and installation of different applications—characteristics, which causes limitations in downloading or installing additional software.
You can disable the software, install the specific software then turn it back on. Operating a computer without antivirus software is a risk you cannot afford to take as you will be in danger of losing data and perhaps your machine. Deactivate, then activate your avast antivirus by following the steps below.
- Launch your Windows OS, then look for the Avast orange icon at the bottom of your screen on the taskbar and right-click on it. A display of options will show; locate and click on Avast shields control. The shields will indicate the various length of time you can disable the software. Please select one of them depending on the issue at hand and proceed.
- Confirm your decision on the dialogue box that will show and select YES. Your Avast software will now be disabled for the length of time you specified.
- Confirm the application icon if your command has been effective by going back to the main Avast Window. The icon should now be red, not orange – This is an optional step. You will do the exact process to get it back in operation by hitting the green box labeled “resolve” to have it back to protect.
Solution 2: How to Turn off Particular Avast Shields
Turning off some Avast shields can suffice for you to download and install the app you wish or for you to access a particular website. And here is how to go about it:
- Launch the Avast user interface and navigate to Protection then Core Shields. Alternatively, open Settings from the bottom left corner of your screen to locate Components. For those using the older version look for Protection. A list of Avast shields will show. Select those you wish to turn off and confirm your action. The various options available will display(Varying time) but will be active once you restart your computer or permanently if that is the option you chose.
- OFF will show if the status change is successful, OFF will show, and the message File Shield is now OFF. You can change the status by tapping on the Turn on tab, then give it a second to turn green, and the You are protected message will show.
ProTip: Before turning off your antivirus software, make sure you have a good reason for it. You may encounter malware while it is off and lose data or corrupt your machine. The app should always turn on and run a scan every time you switch on your device.
The app has been upgraded to provide a new function, Avast passwords, for precious security. All password-sensitive data will have further security protection while your device stays free of malware. The tool can be used with Windows, macOS, browser extensions, and iOS. You can use the function across devices, and Windows users can transfer data from the vault to a compatible browser like Chrome.
Antivirus software is a must-have for surfing the internet often to protect their devices from malware. Avast antivirus is essential security software that you should incorporate into your computer system. Its benefits are vast, including the fact that it is free. Once installed in your system, it will continuously scan your device each time you launch it.
Please update the app often to make sure it functions properly to keep your data safe. As a third-party app, the software may interfere with the regular operations of other apps, which may require you to disable avast for a while.
The procedure on how to turn off Avast antivirus is the same no matter the one you are using paid or unpaid plans. You can permanently delete or disable the application, but beware that it is a risky move and not recommended. Also, make sure you enable the app immediately after resolving the issue and stay protected.
Read More: How to fix PS4 Error code e-8210604a