Driver Tonic is an application that cleans invalid data or registries and updates system drivers on a PC. It is installed alongside other free tools that had it bundled during installation. Thus, users have no idea where the tool came from, which explains that it is a virus. With this concern in mind, let us discuss driver tonic and how to remove it from your system.
Many reputable sites bundle this program in other custom installations. If you download software from some of these sites, Driver Tonic will be installed in the process. Although it is not a malicious program, Driver Tonic is not a malicious program, and you can use it without worrying. Make it a norm to check for new driver updates on specific manufacturer pages and avoid using driver update tools.
What is Driver Tonic, and is it Safe?
This software is an all in one system optimizer which maintains excellent computer performance. Many users wonder if this tool is safe and legit to fulfil all the purposes promised by its contributors. According to the official website, the tool can perform these roles correctly:
- Updating Drivers
- Removing Invalid registry
- Web protection
- Startup managing
Despite many people wondering if this software is malware, you should know it is not and that you can use it freely. It will carry out the above functions on a computer and keep it functioning correctly. Besides being installed alongside other apps, you can decide to purchase the tool.
How to Uninstall Driver Tonic from Windows 10
Before labelling this tool as malware, you should scan your PC, identify and clean up any malicious programs.
Navigate to “Programs and Features.”
- Launch Windows from the Start menu then select Control Panel from the menu.
- The Control Panel menu will open in a new window, select Programs, then click on Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you wish to uninstall and right-click on it to uninstall.
- Another window is listing all Programs and Features on your computer display. Please scroll down and locate the Driver Tonic, right-click on it, and a run-down menu will display with two options: Uninstall and Change, then select Uninstall.
Use Malwarebytes to remove the Driver Tonic
Malwarebytes is the used software on windows to remove malware. It is a powerful tool that sweeps a system clean to identify details that other tools may not detect. The tool is free to those who install it for the first time, and that is not to say it can’t be trusted.
The trial period is free for 14 days, then you can proceed to the premium plan, which has more features like real-time scanning and specific protection, and it is commonly known as a preventative tool.
Once the free trial days are done, it will automatically transition to the basic plan, which is free, and the software only detects malware if you run a scan. You can run this basic plan alongside another antivirus software, and it will operate smoothly.
- Download and install Malwarebytes.
- Now double-click on its setup file (mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe), which is most likely in the Downloads folder, and it will be installed on your computer.
- An on-screen message will display asking if you will allow Malwarebytes to make changes to your PC. Confirm by selecting “Yes,” then it will install following the on-screen prompts.
- Once the installation process begins, the Malwarebytes Setup Wizard will guide you through the process. Click on the “Agree and Install” tab for this software to install.
- Select “Scan Now” after installation, and the tool will automatically start with an update to the antivirus database. You can click on the “Scan Now” tab to scan your system.
- The scan might take a few minutes, and you should wait till completion. You can take on other duties as the process goes on, but don’t forget to check the device periodically to know once it competes.
- On completion, a screen will display a detailed report on malware infections detected by the tool. You can get rid of the corrupt data by selecting the “Quarantine Selected” tab.
- Now reboot the PC, and all malicious data and registry keys found will be removed, and for the software to complete the process, it may request you to restart your PC.
Removing driver tonic is a good move as it is neither practical nor reliable. Use another anti-malware tool like Malwarebytes to scan your PC, then compare the results with those from Driver Tonic. Since it can operate without conflicts with another anti-malware, you can delete it using your software choice.
A prominent program will eliminate Driver Tonic and all other corrupt files that are dangerous to your PC. If you know your way around the IT field, you can remove corrupt files manually.