Whether you’re an average PC/Mobile or any other similar device, or someone who uses either of these for professional work, you will come across several errors, depending on what type of work you do. Sometimes, these viruses can enter your PC through a bogus link; like those “free iPhone X” ads you get.
These include a link that you have to click on, which is either part of a scam or lets a virus into your PC. Most viruses are simple and easy to remove, while some may be far more deadly. PC users, especially, have reported several cases of entire hard drives and folders filled with important data getting encrypted or corrupted by viruses.
In these cases, the user ends up losing all this data if they’re not able to find a way to decrypt the data. Yes, in some cases, you can decrypt the data and get your data back, but most of the time, you just end up having to format the folder/hard drive, resulting in a complete loss. Sometimes, you just get half or a portion of your data back.
In any case, viruses can be pretty hard to deal with, and with the virus links getting more and more “advanced”, it’s hard to know which one is fake and which isn’t for users who aren’t acquainted with such activities. Anyways, getting to the topic of this article, we’ll be discussing how you can remove the “Acrotray.exe Virus from your computer.
It’s a simple and easy procedure, so don’t worry about it being too complicated. It’s not exactly a virus but does slow down your PC as an “extra” function within the Adobe Acrobat program. In simple words, it’s a resource log, and not many people want to make use of it. Of course, it slows down your PC, so you’ll want to disable it.
It is no way affects the program’s (Adobe Acrobat) functionality, so it’s safe to disable. In this sense, it can be portrayed as a virus, so it’s better to just disable it.
Before we do that, what does acrotray.exe affect?
Listed below are what can be affected by this virus:
- Your internet connection – may fluctuate.
- CPU usage – it’s an unnecessary chunk of your CPU’s usage.
- Your PC – it can slow it down.
- Your Browser – it’ll get redirected to sites you never opened or searched for automatically.
- You may get ads and pop-ups randomly.
- Your Computer Screen – may end up freezing occasionally.
How to Disable Acrotray.exe?
First, open up Task Manager by simply searching it up in the Windows taskbar, and if you find the file (Adobe Acrobat) outside where you installed it, run an antivirus check to remove the malware.
To remove the virus completely:
- Get an antivirus that you’re comfortable with.
- Install the anti-virus on your computer if it’s not installed already; once installed restart your computer to let the anti-virus take effect.
- After that, proceed to carry out a quick scan on your computer.
- If the anti-virus finds any threats, it’ll prompt you with an alert screen.
- The anti-virus will remove the malware from your computer with any others present depending on its quality.
(We recommend using Comodo Antivirus, but you can use any other well-known anti-virus)
- Open up the Run dialog box and type in “MSConfig” without the quotes; hit enter to open up Microsoft Configure.
- Select the startup tab and expand the command field by dragging the bar to the right.
- Locate “Acrotray.exe” in the startup commands.
- Uncheck the box next to it and hit apply then “OK”.
- Exit the application and open up the task manager by either searching it up in the windows taskbar or pressing the “CTRL + ALT + DELETE” keys.
- Select the processes tab and scroll down to locate acrotray.exe and right-click it, and select “End Process” from the pop-up menu.
- All that’s left is to give your computer a quick reboot to remove the virus completely.
Once that’s done, the virus should be eliminated. With that said, we’ve listed two ways to disable/remove the virus from your computer, one of them (the second one mostly) will work for you.
That’s all for this article! We hope you find this article useful, and if you have any further questions/queries, feel free to let us know in the comment section down below, we’ll be happy to help!
READ MORE: 10 Ways to err_internet_disconnected Error